Saint-Gobain Paint Protection Film
Saint-Gobain’s SGPPF Sapphire is a virtually undetectable paint protection film that provides vehicles with a durable and optically clear barrier for chip-prone surfaces.
It is specially designed to provide the following features:
- Virtually invisible high grade polyurethane barrier
- Highly stretchable material makes it easy to wrap door edges, door handle areas, bumpers and mirrors without the use of a steamer
- Rolls are available in standard width of 60” for large surface area applications like full hoods
- Waste-saving white contrast liner makes it easy to see cut lines, helping to save time, material and money
- Low surface texture/ orange peel
- Self-Healing, Anti-Yellowing and Hydrophobic.
- Protects surfaces from damage caused by gravel, sand, stones, road salt and insects.
- High gloss surface and optical clarity allows original paint color to shine through.
- Easy maintenance.
- In the unlikely event that the product is damaged, it can be easily peeled off exposing undamaged factory paint like the day Saint-Gobain SGPPF Sapphire was installed.
Saint-Gobain SGPPF Sapphire delivers superior protection with a warranty, that the film:
- Will remain optically clear and stay in place
- Won’t crack, peel, bubble or harm paint finish upon removal
- Warrantied against yellowing and other manufacturing defects
Saint-Gobain SGPPF Sapphire
Performance tests are run using standard test procedures. The values presented are typical values and should not be used for specification purposes.
|TPU thickness||Micrometer||195 μm (±20)|
|Product Thickness (HC+TPU+PSA)||Micrometer||320 μm (±20)|
|Liner on Top coating||Micrometer||50 μm|
|Liner on Adhesive Coating||Micrometer||80 μm|
|Tensile Strength at Break||FM L - 005||2.6 kgf/inch (±0.3)|
|Elongation at Break||FM L - 003||110 % (±10)|
|Peel Strength||FM L - 001||1.07 kgf/inch (±0.3)|
|Gloss, 60°||FM L - 009||>80|
|Initial Peel Adhesion||TSM7505G, 1hr@RT||6.6 N/cm|
|After Heat Age, Peel Adhesion||TSM7505G, 16days@80°C||18.7 N/cm|
|Water Immersion||TSM7505G, 400hrs 40°C||Pass, NDE|
|Heat Aging||TSM7505G, 16 days@80°C||Pass, NDE|
|Adhered State Shrinkage||Adhered to paint panel for 48 hrs. at 80°C (176°F)||<0.2%|
|Chip Resistance||TSM7505G, 1000hrs||Pass, NDE|
|Accelerated Weathering||TSM7505G, 1yr@KR||Pass, NDE|
|Accelerated Weathering||TSM7505G, 1hr@RT||Pass, NDE|
|Chemical Resistance-fuel||Immerse for 30min Check in 24hrs for change||Pass, NDE|
|Chemical Resistance-soap/w ater||Immerse for 30min Check in 24hrs for change||Pass, NDE|
|Chemical Resistance-acid||Immerse for 30min Check in 24hrs for change||Pass, NDE|
Saint-Gobain recommends using Saint-Gobain SGPPF Sapphire within one year from date of purchase. Optimum storage conditions for Saint-Gobain SGPPF Sapphire are 4°C (40°F) to 32°C (90°F), and 40% to 60% relative humidity.